TWO MEN AND A TRUCK franchise bookkeepers play a vital role within the business. They oversee franchise finances, process payroll, monitor sales, and analyze finances to determine any additional growth opportunities.
The typical day-to-day duties of a TWO MEN AND A TRUCK franchise bookkeeper/controller include:
- Process and review payroll
- Sales order closeout
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Analyze financials to identify areas of growth and opportunity
- Participate in discussions and analyze large spends to determine return on investment and intangible benefits
- Develop strategies for revenue growth, customer referral scores, truck and equipment utilization, employee development and retention, and staffing requirements
- Monthly financial review, including budget analysis
What are skills you feel are necessary to be successful in this position?
“A familiarity with QuickBooks, an understanding and application of basic accounting principles, experience in developing and analyzing budgets, the ability to prioritize requests, establish workflows, multi-task, and meet tight deadlines. Also, being proficient in Microsoft Office is key.”
What are some of the best parts of the job?
“Interacting with team members, working with the TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Home Office and other franchise locations to develop best practices, and building new tools and processes to streamline activities and create efficiencies. You have the opportunity to participate in your community, from chamber events to charity campaigns – there are always new ways to expand your network and feel like you are making a positive impact on the community.
Why would you recommend this job to someone who is looking for a new career?
“If you are coming from the corporate world, you will never feel like just another number in the machine – your actions, decisions, and inputs will have a direct impact on the success of the business. If you are coming from another small business, there are growth opportunities and chances to expand your skillset. The job is really what you want to make of it.”
-Kristina Goulet, Bookkeeper, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Grand Rapids South
If this sounds like the position for you, click here and apply!